Forget vegemite and lamingtons, this Australia Day it's all about backyard cricket with Uber and Optus coming to the party!
The two brands have joined forces with legendary umpire Billy Bowden to bring you UberUMPIRE! Yep... get ready to watch cricket fans around Australia run for their phones and download the UBER app.
So what the heck is uberUMPIRE?
Well the the short story is that you'll be able to request an UberUMPIRE to your backyard cricket game between 11am and 3pm this Australia Day.
So forget about leaving the umpiring to spectators or those actually playing, because Billy and his mates will be on hand around some of our key cities (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide & Canberra), to be the official eyes and ears of your backyard cricket game.
Yep.. you'll get them for 30 whole minutes.
How does it work?
- Download the Uber app.
- On Tuesday 26 January, open your Uber app between 11am – 3pm.
- Slide across to the UberUMPIRE view and request an ‘UberUMPIRE’.
- If available, an UberUMPIRE will make its way to your backyard.
- Demand is likely to be sky-high, so if you can’t request straight off the bat (boom!) keep trying, UberUMPIRE runs until 3pm.
- Want to preview the UberUMPIRE view before Australia Day? Unlock the secret UberUMPIRE option in your app now using the promo code ‘UMPIRE’.
Will this cost me an arm and a leg?
Well the brilliant news is this service is FREE (phew.. we all remember those New Years Eve uber price hikes), but like any popular promotion, demand is likely to be pretty solid. So our advice... If you can't get onto an UberUMPIRE first hand, KEEP TRYING we repeat, KEEP TRYING!
And if you're planning on bragging to your mates on social media, make sure you pop in the hashtag #UberUMPIRE